Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Name

Yesterday was the last day I had on my temporary tag for the BUG. So I headed to the DMV to wait in line for what seemed like HOURS. Actually, I only waited about 25minutes but when you don't have anything to do but wait, 25minutes is forever! I was #64 and they had just called #50. Finally it was my turn. I handed her all my papers and after she reviewed them she asked the question I was dreading. "Do you want Custom - Vanity plates?" For 20 days I have been wrestling over what to put on these plates. I felt as though I was naming a child. This was an important decision! She hands me a form to fill out. It allows me to give 3 choices. With trepidation I wrote down my 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice and handed it back. Choice 1 was taken...bummer. Choice 2 was not allowed... bummer. Choice 3 was open... but I really didn't want that one! She went back to choice 1 and said "How about adding another "T". So... my new Maine tag for my Bug is "SEW WUTT". It has nothing to do with the car but is one of my passions.

No comments: